Saturday, February 2, 2008

My stocks portfolio - Jan 2008

It has been a rough month of January for my stocks portfolio. For combination of cash and CPF holdings, my portfolio has dropped to about -17.92% of purchased value as of this writing. Even though it dropped so much, I am not worrying as my investment horizon is long ahead and as far as I am concerned the losses are not realised yet. I believe I can still recover the losses and it is just a matter of time before I can do so. I am looking forward to receive more dividends along the way. In the mean time, I will try to top up if there is any opportunity to buy at good bargains.

There are four transactions done for the month of January.
Sold CDL Hospitality for 4.2% gain
Bought Fibrechem, average price at $0.93
Bought Kim Eng, average price at $1.995
Bought BH Global, average price at $0.61

I have sold off CDL Hospitality for a meager gain of 4.2%. I blame my bad timing for not selling it earlier at a higher price. I know it is a pathetic amount of gain to realise but I need the cash to top up on the other stocks like Fibrechem and Kim Eng which have been badly beaten down. Another reason for selling off is I am intending to trim down on the number of stocks in my portfolio. I have also added on BH Global with CPF as I wish to increase my stake in this stock.

There is no dividend received for the month of January.

NoStockModeUnrealised P/L
1ALLCOREIT CASH4-
2ARA CASH6-
3COURAGE MAR CASH3-
4FIBRECHEM CASH3-
5FSL TRUST CASH3-
6GEN INT CASH1-
7INT-ROLLER ENGG CASH2-
8JAYA HLDG CASH2-
9KIM ENG CASH1+
10MACQ INT INFRA CASH2-
11ROTARY ENGRG LTD CASH4-
12SINGHLDG CASH5-
13TAI SIN CASH4-
14UOB-KAY HIAN CASH3-
15VICOM CASH2-
16BH GLOBALCPF1-
17COSCOCORPCPF6+
18SIAENGGCPF3-
1+ denotes returns of 0 to 10%
2+ denotes returns of 10.01% to 20%

No comments: