Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Newbie's bond portfolio performance - Dec 2012

Initial Capital (14th December 2012) = USD338,663.77 (including a SGD80k cheque which will be cleared 31st December 2012)
End 2012 December Net Portfolio Value = USD338,484.84 (including a SGD80k cheque which will be cleared 31st December 2012)

Portfolio performance = -0.05%

Gross coupons received in the month = NIL
Gross coupons received YTD 2012 = NIL

Projected net leveraged coupon yield = 6.12% p.a.*

* I am aware that the projected net leveraged coupon yield does not factor in the losses I would suffer in the event my premium bonds are called or redeemed (conversely, gains on discount bonds are not included as well). This is just a projection of my Net Coupons received annually.

Comments for the month
My portfolio started on 14th December 2012 and it has not had the time to run and earn meaningful coupons yet. The small negative performance currently is due to bond purchase commissions as well as the fact that the valuation system of banks typically use the Mid Price for bond prices and I had bought closer to the Ask Price.

No comments: