Saturday, March 5, 2022

Newbie Investment Portfolio - End 2022 02

Thanks to the combination of Geo Political conflicts and the threats of rising inflation and the impending Fed rate hike, it was a bad month for Bonds as can be seen by the downward price movement especially in my USD SCOR SE bond.

An observation from being involved in USD, EUR, GBP, and SGD bonds would be SGD bonds tend to be more resilient in the face of world wide developments. Maybe most SGD bond investors are buy and hold and don't really trade much, which means the price of the SGD bonds won't really react/move much whether it is good or bad macro news.

Lloyds 12% USD Bond has been regulatory called/redeemed on 4th February 2022 with the USD cash proceeds received used to reduce USD loan, which majority explains why the Assets and Liabilities figured have dropped month on month.

The other significant mention (that caused the Assets figure to drop) would be the fact that I had moved all 2,000 Shell shares out to my Interactive Brokers account so I can slowly take profit on the position. I have manually added the Market Value of 2,000 Shell shares as at 28th February close to this portfolio. Going forward, I would also be manually adding the Market Value of remaining Shell shares as of month end + Cash held in Interactive Brokers from the Sold Shell shares.

I am still considering what I would do after I have sold off all the Shell shares from the mini portfolio. Would I convert the GBP cash into SGD or USD or EUR cash to buy a SGD or USD or EUR bond? Would I use the GBP cash to buy a GBP bond? This is related to the fact that my current Margin Ratio of 76% is below my target 80%-85%, and the Margin Ratio will continue to go down as I sell off the Shell shares. I have to buy something else to replace the Shell shares or else I would be under invested!








Regards, Newbie

This blogpost is provided to you for general information only and does not constitute a recommendation, an offer or solicitation to buy or sell the investment product mentioned. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of your acting based on this information.

No comments: