Saturday, May 3, 2008

My stocks portfolio - Apr 2008

ST index gained 4.67% for the month of April 2008. However there was almost no change in the performance of my portfolio from the previous month. My overall stocks portfolio stood at -15.97% including one transaction made.

A few of the stocks were still below purchased price as I bought most of them around Aug 2007. I have no intention of cutting losses as I am adopting a long term approach to my investment. Furthermore I am always looking forward in collecting dividends from these stocks. In fact, I have been averaging down in batches on some of the stocks.

There was only one transaction made for the month of April.
Bought First Ship Lease Trust, average price at $1.199

I decided to average down on FSL Trust as I am impressed with the presentation slides for the latest financial results. Attached is the latest Baltic Dry Index (BDI) chart and if you see the revenue of FSL Trust for the latest quarter, you will notice that this stock is not exposed to shipping cycle risk. There was no impact on FSL Trust revenue even though the chart indicated a drastic slowdown in shipping movement at the start of the year. This is possible as FSL Trust leases ships based on long term contracts.

Baltic Dry Index (BDI) chart
On the positive aspects, annualised revenue, quarterly Dividend per Unit (DPU) and number of vessels have been increasing since IPO. Recently there were acquisitions of two new oil tankers and this will definitely add more revenue for FSL Trust in future. Most importantly it is the high dividend yield that attracts investors like me.

I did not receive any dividend for the month of April.

NoStockModeUnrealised P/L
1ALLCOREIT CASH-23.15%
2ARA CASH-21.81%
3CHINA HONGXINGCASH16.24%
4COURAGE MAR CASH5.72%
5COSCOCORPCASH-6.37%
6FIBRECHEM CASH-17.20%
7FSL TRUST CASH-12.43%
8GEN INT CASH-6.73%
9INT-ROLLER ENGG CASH-31.89%
10JAYA HLDG CASH-24.89%
11MACQ INT INFRA CASH-20.24%
12ROTARY ENGRG LTD CASH-34.00%
13SINGHLDG CASH-48.98%
14TAI SIN CASH-32.49%
15UOB-KAY HIAN CASH-11.60%
16VICOM CASH-1.88%
17BH GLOBALCPF-17.69%
18COSCOCORPCPF7.56%
19SIAENGGCPF-10.49%

No comments: