Saturday, June 6, 2020

Newbie Portfolio - End 2020 05

Portfolio updates are now back, as I managed to add 2 equities into my portfolio, making it back into a diversified portfolio with no Concentration Penalties.

Portfolio Performance (Start Date: End November 2019 with SGD400k Cash) 




Portfolio performance is looking very bad as this new portfolio crawls back from the damage done by the Coronavirus market crash. Month-on-Month performance, Absolute Performance, and Annualised Performance remain negative. Bulk of the damage had been done by Keppel Corp where I cut loss on the entire holdings when both stock markets and oil prices crashed.








No changes to my Fixed Income portion where I continue to hold 2 Investment Grade Fixed Income instruments paying a decent yield. It is noted that they are both Coco Instruments (higher risk) but in order to obtain a decent yield, such heightened risk will no doubt have to be taken. Comparatively, an Investment Grade rated bond (non China) issued in May 2020 would probably yield 3% only.

I had added 2 Mega Caps to my Equities portion: BNP Paribas and Royal Dutch Shell. Both have 80% lending value as they are well recognised by FIs to be highly liquid and with massive market capitalisation. These are the 2 equities which I hope I would be able to cover back my Keppel Corp loss with.

BNP Paribas
One of the largest banks in the world. I had traded this equity very frequently in the past and I believe that it is one of the more well capitalised banks in the world that does not take excessive risks.

Royal Dutch Shell
One of the Oil Majors. I have no experience trading this equity. I was lured by the attractive 10% dividend yield when I bought it. Unfortunately, my timing was poor, and the company announced a 67% dividend cut soon after my purchase. Nevertheless, I do see the long term potential of this company. I pump Shell petrol, do you?

Current Portfolio Margin Value:

a) Cash of SGD68,806.21
b) SGD270,703.94 x 0.6 = SGD162,422.36
c) SGD247,885.27 x 0.5 = SGD123,942.64
d) SGD91,242.97 x 0.8 = SGD72,994.38
e) SGD63,870.24 x 0.8 = SGD51,096.19

Total Portfolio Margin Value = SGD479,261.78

Total Liabilities = SGD436,988.87

Margin Ratio = 436,988.87 / 479,261.78 = 91.2%

Margin Ratio is currently above my target level of about 80-85%. But I do expect upward trajectory in my portfolio from now on.

Regards,
Newbie

This blogpost is provided to you for general information only and does not constitute a recommendation, an offer or solicitation to buy or sell the investment product mentioned. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of your acting based on this information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

real-951: @Newbie I , Base interest on 24th, Step up bonus around 5th or 6th of following month, Forex and debit spend interest will be in end of 2nd month (Eg. Spend month Feb. Forex / Debit interest in End April)